NACDL to Focus on Service and Support for Members, Clients, and Community Throughout Virus EmergencyLearn More
Resources on sentencing and possible reform:
Pre-Trial Suppression & Fourth Amendment Issues
This Trial Guide is a topical and practical handbook examining the nuts and bolts of the most current Fourth Amendment & Pre-Trial Suppression issues encountered in modern criminal cases.
Defense Counsel Playbook for Eyewitness ID Cases
This Trial Guide was written to help counsel use existing case law to its strongest advantage, and to create a framework for appellate challenges urging courts to adopt leading cases.
Ultimate Cross 2.0
This special CLE compilation program includes the highest-rated presentations on Cross-Examination techniques from NACDL's most recent seminars (2017-2019).
Forensic Sciences in Criminal Cases: A Multidiscipline Primer
In order to challenge forensic evidence, experts, reports and findings commonly encountered in the courtroom, an attorney must first have a basic understanding of the forensic issues that they will be confronting.
The Immigration Monkey Wrench
Successful Presentation of Compassionate Release Actions in Light of COVID-19, Including for the Foreign-Born Client with an Immigration Detainer
Representation of detained clients who are at high risk for serious health consequences if they contract COVID-19 involves a progression of actions. The authors provide an overview of how to seek compassionate release from both prison wardens and district courts. This discussion includes strategies for navigating an ICE detainer and other immigration law issues when clients are not United States citizens.
- Book Review: Homeward by Bruce Western
- From the President: Women in the Criminal Justice System | We Still Have Work to Do
- Book Review: Criminality in Context by Craig Haney
News of Interest
- "Juvenile lifer locked up for nearly 50 years could go free,"
- "Opinion: Virginia should get rid of its mandatory minimums,"
- "L.A. County Jails are Locking People Up for Longer During the Pandemic,"
- "Release of 84-year-old Colorado prisoner highlights push to fix “fundamentally broken” parole option,"