Experience the many resources and benefits that NACDL has to offer.
Note: To access most of the links on this page, you will need to be logged into https://nacdl.org as a member. You can log in with your email address. If you don't know your password, just click Reset Password on the login screen and enter your primary NACDL email address. You will immediately receive an email containing a link to change your password. Please check your spam folders if you don't see it right away.
- Update your member profile to help you network and promote your practice
- Find your peers in the NACDL member-to-member directory
- Explore past issues of our highly-acclaimed member magazine, The Champion®
- Sign up for NACDLConnect, NACDL's online discussion platform designed to connect you with your colleagues
- Learn how to participate in NACDL Committees and Task Forces
- Stay up-to-date on NADL policy and legislative initiatives by signing up for Take Action Alerts
- Check out the exclusive discounts available to you through NACDL's Affinity Partner programs
- Recieve members-only discount on NACDL products designed to enhance your criminal defense practice
- Take advantage of reduced registration fees for industry-leading NACDL CLE seminars
- Share your knowledge and practical tips by writing an article for The Champion® (see submission guidelines)
- Submit a brief for the Case Based Tools Resource
- Download the latest episode of NACDL's podcast series "The Criminal Docket" which provides a rundown of the highlights in criminal justice news and much more
- Follow NACDL on social media to keep up with the lastest news related to the criminal justice system (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Ustream, YouTube, Medium)
- Introduce yourself to other NACDL members by posting a message on NACDLConnect
- Learn how NACDL is leading the way for meaningful criminal justice reform through its amicus curiae program
If you have questions about how to take advantage of your benefits, or if we can be of service in any way, please contact NACDL's member services department: firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-872-4001. We're always happy to hear from you.
Pattern Cross-Examination for DNA and Biological Evidence: A Trial Strategy Guide
NACDL’s Pattern Cross-Examination for DNA and Biological Evidence will assist criminal defense practitioners in scoring points when cross-examining forensic experts in cases involving DNA and biological evidence. This resource contains thousands of questions that will help defense lawyers cross-examine challenging witnesses without reinventing the wheel with each new case. It includes pattern questions that can be used to dominate prosecution DNA experts and level the playing field at trial.
Cross-Examination of the Analyst in Drug Prosecutions (2nd Ed.) By James M. Shellow
Now in its second edition with some new material, James M. Shellow’s book offers what its title promises: ways of thinking about cross-examining the forensic analysts in drug cases. But the book is so much more than that. It offers a look inside the mind of one of the finest cross-examiners and defense lawyers the United States has produced in the last seventy years. This small book can inspire and direct you in making big changes in the way you defend your clients and think about the entire project of trying any case.
Justice For All, Justice Now White T-Shirt (Women’s)
This custom, vintage-faded NACDL t-shirt is 50% polyester, 25% cotton, and 25% rayon weighing 5.2 oz. and is lightwieght, flexible and soft, providing maximum comfort. It features the "Justice For All, Justice Now" slogan and Lady Liberty image on the front, with the NACDL logo on the back. Currently available in both men's and women's sizes in both black and white colors. View the full line-up of colors and sizes on our online store, as well as our other popular and best-selling t-shirt designs at: nacdl.org/store.
Drug Cases Resource Materials Collection - CD-ROM
NACDL’s Drug Cases Resource Materials Collection is the sweeping culmination of every single article of written materials ever published from each installment of NACDL's annual "Defending Modern Drug Cases" seminar. Totaling over 12,000 pages, this vast collection includes 12+ years of motions, briefs, reports, outlines, transcripts, case citations, scholarly articles, powerpoints and other written commentaries. This collection provides trial strategies and tactics you can immediately apply to your current cases.
Mental Illness & the Law: Addressing and Litigating Behavioral Health Disorders in Criminal Cases
Whether it is insanity, impairment, a disorder, or adolescent brain development; mental health and intellectual competence issues affect pretrial supervision, trial and sentencing, and your chances of successfully advocating for your impaired client. This training provides ideas and proven solutions to assist you in advocating for your client during trial, whether it be insanity defenses, jury selection, cross of expert witnesses, persuasion, or mitigation at sentencing.