Watch a presentation by two of the report's authors from the 2021 SCJN Conference
- New Report from Nation’s Criminal Defense Bar Highlights the Threat of Abortion Criminalization, NACDL News Release (August 18, 2021)
- Defense Lawyers Sound Alarm Over Abortion Criminalization, by Katheryn Tucker, Daily Report/Law.com, August 23, 2021
- Texas poised to ban most abortions as court denies emergency motion, by Jessica Glenza, The Guardian, August 30, 2021
- L’accès à l’avortement menacé, by Marc Thibodeau, La Presse, August 31, 2021
- Criminal convictions for abortion, miscarriage? Texas abortion ban previews life without Roe v. Wade, by Barbara Rodriguez, The 19th News, September 2, 2021
- She Used Drugs While Pregnant. Should She Be in Prison?, by Cecilia Nowell, New York Magazine, September 20, 2021
- Opinion: When a Miscarriage Is Manslaughter, by Michelle Goldberg, New York Times, October 18, 2021
- Ending Roe Could Send More Women to Prison for Miscarrying, by Bobbie Stein, Slate, October 19, 2021
- How State Abortion Bans Could Create New Criminals, by Bobbie Stein, The Progressive Magazine, October 22, 2021
- Unequal Justice: The End of Legal Abortion Looms, by Bill Blum, The Progressive Magazine, November 16, 2021
- What will US’s future look like if abortion becomes a crime again?, by Jessica Glenza, The Guardian, November 29, 2021
- Roe v. Wade Being Overturned Will Harm Black Women the Most, by Khaleda Rahman, Newsweek, November 29, 2021
- Overturning Roe v. Wade Could Lead to More Women Being Jailed for Miscarriages, by Khaleda Rahman, Newsweek, November 30, 2021
Supported by NFCJ
The NACDL Foundation for Criminal Justice preserves and promotes the core values of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American criminal justice system.Support Us Now
A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence: A Trial Practice Handbook for Criminal Defense Attorneys
This Guide to Federal Evidence is the only federal evidence handbook written exclusively for criminal defense lawyers. The Guide analyzes each Federal Rule of Evidence and outlines the main evidentiary issues that confront criminal defense lawyers. It also summarizes countless defense favorable cases and provides tips on how to avoid common evidentiary pitfalls. The Guide contains multiple user-friendly flowcharts aimed at helping the criminal defense lawyer tackle evidence problems. A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence is an indispensable tool in preparing a case for trial.
Modern Digital Evidence & Technologies in Criminal Cases
Modern cases need modern defenses, and modern lawyers can't practice with an outdated playbook. This program is a contemporary training that identifies emerging technologies and digital evidence encountered in today's criminal cases and arms you with the tools necessary to combat expert witnesses, prosecutorial overreach, and an uneducated judge and jury. This comprehensive CLE program covers both general aspects of new technologies as well as practical courtroom application and legal challenges to the use of these new technologies.
Top Shelf DUI Defenses: The Law, The Science, The Techniques (2021)
If you are serious about being an effective DUI defense advocate, or if you’re considering adding DUI defenses to your portfolio, you need to know the latest scientific and legal strategies to optimize your success at trial. Learn from the best-of-the-best in the field in this unique CLE Program, updated for 2021.
Defending Modern Drug Cases (2021)
From challenging the arrest and seizure to picking a jury and cross-examining police officers, defense attorneys handling drug cases must be able to construct a defense that will increase the chances of the client getting a positive result for your client.
Effective motion practice, juror selection, and storytelling have never been more important. This seminar will introduce defense counsel to techniques that have been used at recent drug trials to rebut specific claims and overcome the emotion created in today’s criminal legal system.