- The Death Penalty in 2019: Year End Report, Death Penalty Information Center, December 2019.
- Capital Crimes: State and Federal Cases, Annual Report, Ohio Office of the Attorney General, 2019..
- The State of Capital Punishment, National Conference of State Legislatures, July 2019.
- Capital Punishment, 2017: Selected Findings, Bureau of Justice Statistics, July 2019.
- The Death Penalty in 2018: Year End Report, The Death Penalty Information Center, December 2018.
- Capital Punishment in Pennsylvania: The Report of the Task Force and Advisory Committee, Joint State Government Commission, June 2018.
- Behind the Curtain: Secrecy and the Death Penalty in the United States, Death Penalty Information Center, November 2018.
- Prisoners on Ohio’s Execution List Defined by Intellectual Impairment, Mental Illness, Trauma, and Young Age, Fair Punishment Project, August 2017.
- Battle Scars: Military Veterans and the Death Penalty, Death Penalty Information Center, November 2015.
- Capital Punishment, 2012 - Statistical Tables, Bureau of Justice Statistics, May 15, 2014.
- Irreversible Error: Recommended Reforms for Preventing and Correcting Efforts in the Administration of Capital Punishment, The Constitution Project, 2014.
- The 2% Death Penalty: How a Minority of Counties Produce Most Death Cases At Enormous Costs to All, Death Penalty Information Center, October 2013.
- Tinkering with Life: A Look at the Inappropriateness of Life Without Parole as an Alternative to the Death Penalty, The Sentencing Project, January 2013.
- Maryland's Death Penalty, Maryland Citizens Against State Executions, February 2012.
- Facts about the Death Penalty, Death Penalty Information Center, September 14, 2011.
- Struck by Lightning: The Continuing Arbitrariness of the Death Penalty, Thirty-Five Years After Its Re-instatement, Death Penalty Information Center, July 2011.
- Texas Death Penalty Developments in 2010 - The Year in Review, Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, December 2010.
- Sixth and Final Report, Illinois Capital Punishment Reform Study Committee, October 28, 2010.
- Final Declaration of the 4th World Congress Against the Death Penalty, Geneva, February 26, 2010.
- Death Penalty Overview: Ten Reasons Why Capital Punishment is Flawed Policy, National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, 2009.
- Alex Lundberg, On the Public Finance of Capital Punishment, Department of Economics; West Virginia University, April 2019.
- Aliza B Kaplan, Peter A Collins, and Venetia L. Mayhew, Oregon's Death Penalty: A Cost Analysis, Lewis & Clark Law School and Seattle University Department of Criminal Justice, November 16, 2016.
- Justin F. Marceau, Sam Kamin, and Wanda Foglia, Death Eligibility in Colorado: Many are Called, Few are Chosen, (January 31, 2013). U Denver Legal Studies Research Paper No. 13-08.
- Ray Paternoster, Racial Disparity in the Case of Duane Edward Buck, University of Maryland, December 2012.
- Nicholas Petersen and Mona Lynch, Prosecutorial Discretion, Hidden Costs, and The Death Penalty: The Case of Los Angeles County, The Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Vol. 102 No. 4, October 23, 2012.
- Bias in the justice system is real, and the death penalty reveals it by Jennifer L. Eberhardt, Los Angeles Times, March 2019.
- The death penalty is unworthy of America by Editorial Board, Washington Post, January 2020.
- The overwhelming evidence against the death penalty by Austin Sarat, The New Republic, May 2017.
- The case against the death penalty, ACLU, revised 2012.
- Arbitrary Death: A Prosecutor’s Perspective on the Death Penalty by Rick Unklesbay, 2019.
- Lethal State: A History of the Death Penalty in North Carolina by Seth Kotch, 2019.
- Surviving Execution: A Miscarriage of Justice and the Fight to End the Death Penalty by Ian Woods, 2018.
- The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row by Anthony Ray Hinton, 2018.
- Not in Our Name, compilation of essays, 2018.
- Deadly Justice: A Statistical Portrait of the Death Penalty by Frank Baumgartner, Marty Davidson, Kaneesha Johnson, Arvind Krishnamurthy, and Colin Wilson, 2017.
- End of Its Rope: How Killing the Death Penalty Can Revive Criminal Justice by Brandon L. Garret, 2017.
- The History of the Death Penalty in Colorado by Michael Radelet, 2017.
- Exonerated: A History of the Innocence Movement by Robert J. Norris, 2017.
- Against the Death Penalty, edited by John Bessler, 2016.
- Confronting the Death Penalty: How Language Influences Jurors in Capital Cases by Robin Conley, 2016.
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson, 2015.
- The Criminal Docket Episode 56: Forthcoming Documentary: "In the Executioner's Shadow"
- Discussions with DPIC - Professor Bharat Malkani Explores the Relationship Between Slavery and
Slavery-Abolition Strategies and the Modern U.S. Death Penalty
- Discussions with DPIC - Racial Discrimination in Death Penalty Jury Selection
- Discussions with DPIC - The Duane Buck Case
Pre-Trial Suppression & Fourth Amendment Issues
This Trial Guide is a topical and practical handbook examining the nuts and bolts of the most current Fourth Amendment & Pre-Trial Suppression issues encountered in modern criminal cases.
Defense Counsel Playbook for Eyewitness ID Cases
This Trial Guide was written to help counsel use existing case law to its strongest advantage, and to create a framework for appellate challenges urging courts to adopt leading cases.
Ultimate Cross 2.0
This special CLE compilation program includes the highest-rated presentations on Cross-Examination techniques from NACDL's most recent seminars (2017-2019).
Forensic Sciences in Criminal Cases: A Multidiscipline Primer
In order to challenge forensic evidence, experts, reports and findings commonly encountered in the courtroom, an attorney must first have a basic understanding of the forensic issues that they will be confronting.