Defending charges of sexual assault and child abuse can be daunting — but with the right tools, it doesn’t have to be.
Every year, NACDL identifies the hottest topics and most pressing issues when defending these cases, and brings-in nationally-renowned lawyers and experts to help you prepare for battle. This year’s VIRTUAL 11th Annual Defending Sex Cases training seminar will most-assuredly be our best yet; packed with topics and speakers you won’t want to miss!
Don’t miss this exciting educational opportunity. Participate in this highly-rated one-of-a-kind Virtual NACDL seminar to get a better understanding of defending sex crimes cases in order to effectively represent your clients before, during, and after trial.
DATES: LIMITED ENGAGEMENT: Airs Monday, November 16 - Friday, November 20, 2020
Webinar DURATION: Approx. 14 hours
CLE: This training may be eligible for self-study CLE credit, where authorized. The program is currently pending in all states that allow self-study credits.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Webinar link will be sent to you in a confirmation email. REGISTRANTS WILL HAVE 21 days to complete the entire program.
Speakers & Topics (Subject to change):
- Lessons from the Harvey Weinstein Trial – Donna Rotunno (Chicago, IL)
- Defending the Professional Against Claims of Improper Touching – Tracy Green (Los Angeles, CA)
- 4th Amendment Issues in Sex Cases – Deja Vishny (Milwaukee, WI)
- Creative Motions in Sexual Assault Cases – Stephen Ross Johnson (Knoxville, TN)
- Getting to Consent: The Secret to a Winning Opening on a Consent Defense Case – Guy Cardamone (Madison, WI)
- Defending Child Sex Abuse Cases – Molly Parmer (Atlanta, GA)
- Sex Trafficking – Dawn Jones (Milwaukee, WI)
- "Defendant Dad": Dealing with the Unique and Collateral Issues that Arise When Your Client is a Parent Accused by Their Own Child” – Marissa Goldberg (Atlanta, GA)
- Forensic Analysis of SANE Evidence – Laura Schile (Sun City, AZ)
- Adolescent Influencers: Figuring-Out Teens – W. Rob Heroy (Charlotte, NC)
- Ethical Online Investigation in the Age of Social Networking & Technology – William Gallagher (Cincinnati, OH)
- Inside the World of Child Pornography Prosecution, Defense, and Forensics – David Seltzer (Miami, FL) and Richard Donald Connor, Jr. (Winter Park, FL)
- DNA Transfer Evidence in 2020 – Bicka Barlow (San Francisco, CA)
- Thinking Outside the Box: Sentencing Issues in Sexual Assault Cases – Joshua Hargrove (Madison, WI)
- Bicka Barlow (San Francisco, CA)
- Guy Cardamone (Madison, WI)
- Richard Donald Connor, Jr. (Winter Park, FL)
- William Gallagher (Cincinnati, OH)
- Marissa Goldberg (Atlanta, GA)
- Tracy Green (Los Angeles, CA)
- Joshua Hargrove (Madison, WI)
- W. Rob Heroy (Charlotte, NC)
- Stephen Ross Johnson (Knoxville, TN)
- Dawn Jones (Milwaukee, WI)
- Molly Parmer (Atlanta, GA)
- Donna Rotunno (Chicago, IL)
- Laura Schile (Sun City, AZ)
- David Seltzer (Miami, FL)
- Deja Vishny (Milwaukee, WI)
This training may be eligible for self-study CLE credit, where authorized. The program is currently pending in all states that allow self-study credits.
Members of NACDL enjoy exclusive registration rates for our seminars along with all the benefits from joining.
|Non Members (includes 1 year membership)||$199|
|ALL Public Defenders||$129|
|Groups of 4 or more PDs (must register at the same time; 1 payment; no changes or cancellations allowed). To register groups, please call Denise Blake at 202-465-7631||$119|
Code of Conduct
NACDL endeavors to foster a working, learning, and social environment free of harassment, discrimination, intimidation, and insult. To that end, NACDL has adopted a Code of Conduct for Affiliated Persons that applies to all attendees and participants of any kind at all NACDL sponsored events.Learn More